A physical location is the first step to getting recognized as a business. But it’s also no secret that finding the right office space for lease in Detroit can be exciting and stressful at the same time. To get you started on the right track, here are five smart tricks that you can follow:
- Determine the space that you need. According to experts, the general rule is to allocate about 1,000 square feet for every four to six employees. Having this information will allow you and your agent to narrow down your options to the offices that meet your space requirements.
- Think about accessibility and location. Let’s face it; your employees won’t be motivated to go to work if they have to travel for more than an hour just to get to your office. Most customers would also choose other businesses with accessible locations, so it’s very important to choose a Michigan office space for lease that’s central to most business activities and are easily accessible to both your customers and employees.
- Work with a reliable agent. Finding an office space can be a daunting task, especially if you’re not familiar with the local market. This is why it’s always a smart decision to work with a professional who can come up with a list of properties for you to choose from, so all you need to do is check each one of them and decide which one would fit your business needs and budget perfectly.
- Consider connectivity. We all rely heavily on internet connectivity to run our business these days. Therefore, it’s very important to find an office space for lease in Detroit that can accommodate your need for reliable internet connection. A lot of office spaces these days are already equipped with internet connectivity while others still require you to have one installed. Make sure that you talk to your agent about this to ensure that you won’t have any issues with productivity that could affect your business in the long run.
- Think about price. Of course, there’s a lot of practicality involved in choosing an office space that will work for your business. As a startup, you might not have a lot of money to work with and your office space will take up a huge chunk of your budget. But you also don’t need to sacrifice other things just so you could have a nice office. Again, working with a reliable agent will allow you to find the best options at the price point that you can work with. Set a budget before you start looking because there will always be a property that will fit that budget and your requirements at the same time.
Finding the right office space will definitely play a huge role in your success as an organization. Follow these five simple tricks to make sure that you’re on the right track with your hunt for the perfect home for you and your team.
If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to Levi Smith at PA Commercial!